. Liz's Lair

Friday, August 19, 2011

Table for Two

Today was a low walking day: approximately 10,000 steps.
We woke up at 3:00 to catch our taxi to the airport. Shannon left us
for her boys and Kristy and I are now back in Brussels. It has been a
very leisure day which was much needed. We got back to Kristy's
apartment, made breakfast, and took naps. After that we scouted out
the laundromat and then went to the grocery store for dinner supplies.
While we were there we got an entire yogurt cup (Dannon Greek) each as
a sample. We liked it so much we bought a two back. We loved the
surprise that the package was buy one get one free. If you do that
math that makes six yogurts for the price of two. It's the best deal
we've had over here. And the experience of a sample made me a little
homesick for Costco which means I'll be going there very quickly after
I get home.
Making dinner was really fun. Salsa chicken, basmati rice, and steamed
veggies. Besides the fact the salsa was hot it was a total success.
Later we attempted making peach cobbler with very few ingredients. It
was all so tasty and American :) Bye Bye Birdie was our movie of
choice. Sadly I fell asleep for the last chunk (typical). With that
said, I'm pretty sure it's time for me to go to bed.

No comments: