. Liz's Lair

Monday, August 22, 2011

"Pioneer Stock"-holm

Approximately 26,000 steps, all taken by 3:00 pm. We refused to pay
the outrageous prices for public transit even though we spent money on
other ridiculous things.
Stockholm is very beautiful and also very expensive. That's why we
packed some sandwiches at breakfast this morning.
My friend Rima has been nannying here for the summer and met up with
us this morning and showed us around. Her services were invaluable. We
walked around the main part of Old Town called Gamla Stan and took
lots of pretty pictures on my real camera. Then we walked to Hard Rock
where I added another shirt to my collection.
On our walk back to the hotel we tried to find Ikea. The directions
from my phone led us to a free shuttle to Ikea. We didn't have enough
time to take the bus which was a big disappointment.
Lunch was at Subway and it was better than I could have imagined. Our
hotel sandwiches have to wait for our non-inclusive cruise. We're on
the deck now and the only question running through our heads is 'where
are the lounge chairs?!' The cruise ride to Helsinki will be really
fun. I hear they have a disco tech and karaoke. Better go warm up my
vocals!

2 comments:

Rima said...

Found your blog and I'm a stalker now. I should've told you, there are 2 Ikeas in Stockholm and they are actually pretty far outside of town. You aren't missing much, they are pretty much identical to the states. I hope you enjoy karaoke tonight on your cruise!

Linette Smith said...

i'm having fun vicariously on your trip! love you. mom