. Liz's Lair

Monday, September 22, 2008

I am SO Generous

The hole that looks like it could be the nose of the smiley
face is the injection site. The smiley face was actually used to
mark my vein. Success on the first try.


That is my elbow with some cute pink medical tape. I donated blood today. It was not an unpleasant experience. I feel better about doing some good on campus today. I haven't gotten to the light-headed feeling yet. Hopefully it doesn't come. I've had a lot more water than I normally do which is making my bladder a little uncomfortable. We finally established a cleaning schedule. I clean the kitchen on Tuesdays. It was decided in our "family" meeting last night. Another subject that was discussed was the hallway. The posters are now gone and Marylin is back in the kitchen. I am a happy camper.

Liz

4 comments:

Morgan said...

actually... i am the generous one. i sat in the waiting room with the millions of raunchy nurses asking me if i was willing to donate blood and i had to keep telling them that no, that was so not for me, while i was being a great friend waiting for you making sure you didn't die/pass out on the way out. haha wow..today has been a good day. lol just remember...liz is generous, yes...but morgan is super generous. turn away everyone ;) donde estas.. everybody.. lol

Morgan Luedtke

Kate Smith said...

I agree with Momo - I mean, being there, with all those eyes looking at you like, 'Geez, why don't you give blood you selfish student.' Next time, keep the tape for Morgan and wrap it around her elbow before you walk in - no one will ever know! I don't give blood because my veins are real hard to find and it hurts real bad. So give some extra for me. thx!

Linette Smith said...

so when you say "it was not an unpleasant experience" does that mean it was pleasant? i get confused so easily. you'll want to keep good track of your donor card--you may get up to a gallon. everyone is gone and i'm home alone--it's heaven. momma

Anonymous said...

Be prepared to get phone calls over the next year. I know that after I gave blood the first time, about a year later they called asking for my blood because a newborn needed it soon.
Sounds like you're having a great time at BYU. Don't forget to do homework too. ;)