. Liz's Lair

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Brand New!




Hey Everyone! I've been in Provo for about a week now and I am enjoying this brand new experience. I have 5 roommates from across the U.S. I am the only one from Utah. My immediate roomy is from D.C. and her name is Taylor. There tend to be Karacanes in our room and surprisingly it's not my half. Unknown to myself, I have turned into a clean freak here. I am usually the only one that wipes off the counters and table and sweeps the floor. I'm currently holding an experiment to see how long it takes anyone else to do any of the above mentioned chores. Currently we're pushing 24+ hours. My clean freakness does not follow me home unfortunately. My class schedule should be challenging. Accounting 200 will be my number 1 priority and hardest curriculum. A close second will probably be American Herritage taught by Elder Holland's son, Professor Holland. I'm taking a 1 credit Political Science class one day a week with no homework. It's pass/fail based on attendance and you can miss twice. The main reason I'm taking this class is becuase of the teacher's hair. You could pop it like a balloon it's so big. I'll work on getting a picture. I enjoy my Book of Mormon class and Biology should be pretty fun. The professor told us to sell our books back because we'll do fine without it. It's his first year here. I'm on my way to class now so I'll work on updating this periodically. Much Love, Liz!

9 comments:

Dallas said...

Pictures!

The Hammer said...

pictures of your dorm!!!

The Hammer said...

sweet!!!!!!!!!! looks like fun!

I love you, good luck and make some new friends!!

Shannon Smith said...

Have you bonked your head on those shelves above your bed yet? It looks and sounds like fun! Glad you're finally blogging!

Lizzle said...

The shelves haven't been too bad. The real killer is the lack of outlets. I'm pretty sure underneath my bed is a fire hazard due to the amount of extension cords and their various functions.

Linette Smith said...

how have you taken pictures? your camera has been shipped.

Kara said...

I'm personally offended by your use of the word "karacane".
Using my name as an adjective for bad roommate behavior!
I may have been messy at home, but as a roommate I was always respectful and definitely kept all my stuff on my side of the room. And I took far less stuff to college than your roommate appears to have.

Lizzle said...

I never said she was a bad roommate. The word Karacane is only used to describe a general mess.

Lucy Fay said...

LIZ! I just found your blog! Love the dorm room... I sure hope the Y is treatin you well. Hare and I will have to venture down there sometime an come visit cuz we miss you!