. Liz's Lair

Thursday, April 2, 2009

For those who missed my Folk Dance Debut

To my Mother, Father, Kate, Jo Ellen, and, Jane-
I would like to say thank you for coming to my Folk Dance performance last night. It went reasonably well all things considered. Those things being 1) Never practicing in our costumes 2) Never practicing on stage. I would like to specifically address issue number 1. As you'll be able to see from pictures my wonderful mother sent me, my skirt doesn't like to stay where it's supposed to. I was lucky enough not to have to pull it up too much during the performance and even luckier that it didn't fall off. One boy's pants ripped towards the end. Everyone had a good laugh for that one. The stage thing wasn't too big of an issue. When we practiced we had a general idea of how big the stage was so adjusting to it was alright. My partner and I did well, but as always could have done better. It was a fun experience and I'm glad I was able to do it. Luckily since I auditioned in the winter when it's less competitive and made it, I won't have to audition again in the Fall and I will be able to participate in the 50th anniversary Christmas Around the World. That is performed 3 times so I'm sure everyone that missed this show will be able to attend my next one. You'll love it!

Liz

1 comment:

Jo Ellen/Toots said...

The skirt problem wasn't Liz's. The skirt was too big, and it was too long (one time she jumped up, and when she came down she stepped on the skirt. The folk dance program was excellent, and we particularly were excited to see Liz-because we knew she'd been practicing for a long time. Love, Toots